NWSTP Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   NWSTP Admins   Guestbook   FAQ   RSS   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members |   | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 1 ]  [ Total: 1 ]  [ Newest Member: Musicpub ]
 All Forums
 NWSTP
 Sy/Ty Help
 New Motor

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Posting Form
Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker Insert Flash

Callouts: Insert Speech Icon: duh! Insert Speech Icon: oops! Insert Speech Icon: sigh! Insert Speech Icon: ugh! Insert Speech Icon: wow! Insert Speech Icon: yeah! Insert Speech Icon: ok! Insert Speech Icon: yes! Insert Speech Icon: no!
Message Icon:              

Smilies
No Smiles Found

-  HTML is OFF | Forum Code is ON
   Insert a File

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nwminitrucks Posted - February 25 2007 : 4:49:12 PM
Well my new motor is finaly done and in the truck. I don't have any experence in starting a new motor so I'm hopeing that a Sy/Ty guy can help me. What I need is to preoil it ( I don't have the tool ) and set TDC and start and ajust timeing.

I THINK thats all. Hell I don't know
HELP
Joe 425-252-7334
Motor specs..
SRP pistons
Eagle H beam rods
Crane roller rockers
Engle custom ground cam
ARP studs and Main bolts
Stock heads ported
New stock turbo
4 bolt mains
Etc.

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Paul Posted - November 07 2007 : 08:56:36 AM
I put code59 (www.code59.org) with one of the base bins and my wideband o2 controller on Joes ty. We got it to pass emmissions and then he just drove it for awhile using Autotune spreadsheet for 59 to help tune it. We still need to do a tuning sessions on it along with Randy's (MAITAI) so we can get them performing.
DRB Posted - November 05 2007 : 11:13:58 PM
So whats the latest on this? I have some BG 50# chips floating around somwhere, another ECM, stock injectors, some green stripes and ???? need to go through my old ty chit.
maitai1993 Posted - March 21 2007 : 09:54:08 AM
boy without roland we would be running around like dipshits with one eye missing and a blowen up truck keep the good info comming roland...
nwminitrucks Posted - March 13 2007 : 6:04:59 PM
So much stuff to learn.. But most of it is common sense.
Thanks again
Joe

Roland Posted - March 13 2007 : 5:26:22 PM
YES.......

You have the stock chip (2 bar)..... 3 bar map DON'T work well on 2 bar chips and vise versa. It'll cause you nuttin but problems. Do not install 3 bar map until you install a 3 bar chip.

Even putting stock injectors back in would have caused you problems with a 3 bar map.
nwminitrucks Posted - March 13 2007 : 4:17:39 PM
I have a 3 bar in it now, should I change it back to the 2 bar ?

Roland Posted - March 13 2007 : 08:34:26 AM
Joe;

You still have 2 bar map sensor installed, yes?
Roland Posted - March 13 2007 : 08:16:30 AM
GOOD!

Seeing as how some folks (Randy comes to mind) are having problems when going to 50 # chips, it's probably better using the stockers to get the motor broke in and the rings seated.

I know from Jeff's post that he and Pablo are gonna be busy working on lil C, but perhaps he mite have some time somewhere to do some chipping for you during the April 7th timeframe. I'll start another post to see if he has 50 # chip info already available for a good starter base. I have a memcal with the lift off board that I used back during my 40# injector days that I can donate to the cause........ it will eventually cost ya though LOL.
nwminitrucks Posted - March 10 2007 : 09:28:58 AM
Well nothing to report as of yet still no chip and the wife wont budge on more funds. So I'm going to put the stock injectors back in it today so I can put some miles on it.

Wonder how long she can last.

Roland Posted - March 10 2007 : 08:06:51 AM
ok Joe;

It's been almost a week, what's the latest status on the new motor?

Last sunday Joes Ty made smoke.... twice. Once with overheated electrical wiring, and once thru the tailpipe. Randy fixed wiring, Joe got 'er running on 50 # injectors. Got it timed and shut it down as it was way toooooooo rich. Any progress to report???????
Roland Posted - March 07 2007 : 07:38:46 AM
Yeah I do..... keep saying I'm gonna put it someday on the Typhoon, then keep saying why? I have big valve/ported heads, cam, roller rockers, electronic boost controller, etc.. One money pit is enuff.

A big THANKS for the assistance saturday with the electrical problem..... I was a wee bit nervous until the smoke issue was resolved =)
maitai1993 Posted - March 06 2007 : 11:16:26 AM
i knew you had a TE44 for sale
Roland Posted - March 01 2007 : 4:15:14 PM
CONGRATS on the new motor!

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, but I don't check here often as it seems no one posts...

I do have the gismo for preoiling it.... kind of a pain but worth the effort. My engine builder suggests 30 minutes, rotating crank every so often.

Call me and I'll assist ya with whatever I can. 425 641 7648

B.s. You need my extra te44 on that baby!
Paul Posted - February 27 2007 : 09:13:57 AM
I would talk to Roland. He has the most experience replacing motors and getting them prepped to run.

I haven't done one in at least 10 years so I am sure I would miss something.
nwminitrucks Posted - February 27 2007 : 06:02:06 AM
Thanks for all thr help..

NWSTP Forum © 1998-2011 NWSTP Go To Top Of Page
This page spooled up in 0.45 seconds Syclone and Typhoon By GMC Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.03

This Ring Site is owned by Sportmachines. Want to join the Ring?
[
Skip Prev] [Prev] [Next] [Skip Next] [Random] [Next 5] [List Sites
]