NWSTP Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   NWSTP Admins   Guestbook   FAQ   RSS   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members |   | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 1 ]  [ Total: 1 ]  [ Newest Member: Musicpub ]
 All Forums
 NWSTP
 Sy/Ty Help
 New: help with Auto Prom/Tuner pro...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Posting Form
Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker Insert Flash

Callouts: Insert Speech Icon: duh! Insert Speech Icon: oops! Insert Speech Icon: sigh! Insert Speech Icon: ugh! Insert Speech Icon: wow! Insert Speech Icon: yeah! Insert Speech Icon: ok! Insert Speech Icon: yes! Insert Speech Icon: no!
Message Icon:              

Smilies
No Smiles Found

-  HTML is OFF | Forum Code is ON
   Insert a File

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
UR50SLO Posted - July 20 2006 : 04:20:18 AM
Hello.. New here ..

Got a link to this site from Mark Mansur at Tuner Pro.

He'd suggested for me to come here for help with the basic setup on my wife's 92 Typhoon.
I have the Auto Prom and Tuner Pro.
They are coming out with a new version that will allow datalog/emulation soon.

I need the basic's of operation first. If anyone here has time to e-mail me direct and give me some pointer's that'd be great.

Alot of links on this site were very helpfull!

Thanks for all the great information!
Scott Klepinger~
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Paul Posted - June 14 2007 : 12:10:15 AM
quote:
Originally posted by ibmtech

The Tunerpro and Autoprom currently are not able to communicate with the 1227749 ECM with the $58 mask as of yet. The communication window won't allow the autoprom to correctly communicate with that particular ecm. You can get more info on the stickies at www.moates.net. Do a search for Mangus who is the creator of Tuner Pro RT and is currently creating the Auto Scanner which has a beta version available for download which will be able to emulate the 749 plus. I was running the 749 ecm and repinned my ecm so I can run the 730 with 1 bar map just so I can emulate. Once Scannerpro is completed. I will repin back

This is not longer the case. There is an ALDL patch on syty.net that patches your bin and makes it almost instantaneous for you to connect with the Autorprom. Just look in the chip section for a post from Turbodig. Also you may want to go to www.code59.org and look at what we are doing there. We added a ton of functionality to 58 (we call it 59 now) and it also has that ALDL patch in it plus bigger Fuel table, Wideband o2 aldl output and control of fuleingin closed loop, etc. Just go to www.code59.org and register. You can look around and see what we have doen, download a bin and play with it.
ibmtech Posted - June 13 2007 : 7:05:11 PM
The Tunerpro and Autoprom currently are not able to communicate with the 1227749 ECM with the $58 mask as of yet. The communication window won't allow the autoprom to correctly communicate with that particular ecm. You can get more info on the stickies at www.moates.net. Do a search for Mangus who is the creator of Tuner Pro RT and is currently creating the Auto Scanner which has a beta version available for download which will be able to emulate the 749 plus. I was running the 749 ecm and repinned my ecm so I can run the 730 with 1 bar map just so I can emulate. Once Scannerpro is completed. I will repin back
Paul Posted - October 02 2006 : 1:23:32 PM
You can pretty much do anything you want in the stock chip that you can do in most 3rd party ecms.

To use TunerPro you first need the software, a chip burner, a copy of your bin, the XDF for TunerPro to tell it what tables are where in the chip for the syty and the ADS file for logging aldl data.

You can get tunerpro at www.tunerpro.net

The XDF file is here
http://www.nwstp.com/files/paul/58_2&3Bar_Beta_0.9.1.zip

The Ads file is here
http://www.nwstp.com/files/paul/1227749_2&3bar_58_rev6a.zip

I would then read these pages.

Chip Description
http://www.nwstp.com/forum/chiptable.asp

Then go over to this forum and read the stickies above that tell you what each table in the Chip is

Fuel 101 Post
http://www.syty.net/forums/showthread.php?t=36086

Bosot 101 Post
http://www.syty.net/forums/showthread.php?t=36098

If you get an emulator (Ostrich, Autoprom, Prominator, etc.), then you can log and make changes to the chip in real time. There is now a bubble in Tunerpro so it is like FAST and it shows you where you are at in the table when you have datatracing turned on and you are connect to the ALDL to see the data as it comes in.

There is a patch you will want to apply to your chip that TurboDig posted in the SyTy.net Chip forum that makes TunerPro/Datamaster connect much easier/faster to the ALDL stream.

I would also go to the DIY Prom forum on www.thirdgen.org and start reading the stickies there on how to burn chips and anything you can find on Code $58 (The code that runs the Syty ECM).

You can easily change spark, fuel, boost, etc. just like you can on BS3, FAST, etc. People have ran a stock ECM into the 10's. There is almost no need to get a 3rd party ecm unless you have an ODD fire, trying to do some things that are possible by our code, etc.

Download the trial software of tunerpro and play with it and the ads, xdf and a bin. Read those posts and then when you get stuck, I would ask questions on Syty.net or thridgen.org. There are a lot more knowledgeable people on there. But feel free to PM me on syty.net (skwayb), thirdgen (skwayb) or here if you want if you get stuck.

LIL QIK Posted - September 28 2006 : 9:04:50 PM
Hey Paul.....I'm kind of in the same boat. I'm very interested in running the Tuner Pro...but have to admit that I'm a little lost in the respect of what means what. My Accel DFI seemed a whole lot simpler to understand. It was nice.....had a fuel table and a spark table and played a little in between. If you could shoot me the same info as above...it would be appreciated. Mark also pointed me to the Tuning section on Thirdgen.org....

I was wanting to go the Tuner Pro route mainly cause it's a lot cheaper than a BS3...But it sure got my mind twisted.

As I said...any help in comprehension would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.....Dave
Paul Posted - July 20 2006 : 09:07:37 AM
Mark copied me on his reply to you. I will send you a mail when I get off work today with some pointers and such. I think there is an old post in the chipping section on syty.net I made. I will see if I can find it.

Problem is right now you can only emulate or datalog. Not both at the same time as you know. I would get an ALDL cable (serial or usb depending on what your laptop has) so you can do both right now until the Autoprom mode in TunerPro is fixed.

NWSTP Forum © 1998-2011 NWSTP Go To Top Of Page
This page spooled up in 0.28 seconds Syclone and Typhoon By GMC Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.03

This Ring Site is owned by Sportmachines. Want to join the Ring?
[
Skip Prev] [Prev] [Next] [Skip Next] [Random] [Next 5] [List Sites
]