NWSTP Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   NWSTP Admins   Guestbook   FAQ   RSS   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members |   | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 1 ]  [ Total: 1 ]  [ Newest Member: Musicpub ]
 All Forums
 NWSTP
 Sy/Ty Help
 ABS Issue?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Posting Form
Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker Insert Flash

Callouts: Insert Speech Icon: duh! Insert Speech Icon: oops! Insert Speech Icon: sigh! Insert Speech Icon: ugh! Insert Speech Icon: wow! Insert Speech Icon: yeah! Insert Speech Icon: ok! Insert Speech Icon: yes! Insert Speech Icon: no!
Message Icon:              

Smilies
No Smiles Found

-  HTML is OFF | Forum Code is ON
   Insert a File

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
GMCTurbo Posted - October 16 2007 : 2:09:40 PM
So this morning, I'm tearing down the wet leaves covered road and slam on the brakes. I slide on the leaves and ABS tries to kick in. Pedal goes to the floor, no pulsing, and I get no brakes.

Brake and ABS warning lights come on and stay on.

Brakes come back under normal operation.

I try to engage ABS again and pedal goes to floor, no brake pressure.

I've got full fluid in my master cylinder (though it's dirty) with no leaks, all vacuum lines are attached.

Any ideas? This may be the first time I've ever engaged ABS on my truck. I can't remember ever doing it before.

I'll pull the codes when I get home.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Roland Posted - October 19 2007 : 07:04:25 AM
hey Peter;

For what it's worth, I suggest disconnecting the wiring which will dissable the ABS. Brakes still working normally and ALWAYS. Many locals have had accidents or near accidents (myself) when the ABS was connected but would not work. Uneven, washboard roads, gravel, water, snow... anything but hard dry pavement can cause ABS to fail. I yanked it completely on the Sy, and have it disconnected on the Ty. NO brake issues on either since. With connected, it will happen again.
Paul Posted - October 16 2007 : 11:04:27 PM
I think I have another ABS just sitting around if you want to try it. I bought it for my old white ty. The ABS light on my Black ty is on all the time. I might eventually use it to see if it will make it go away. If you want to barrow it to see if it fixes your problem, let me know.
GMCTurbo Posted - October 16 2007 : 2:39:35 PM
Just found this article... http://www.asashop.org/autoinc/aug2000/techtips.htm

internet self help is great isn't it? :-)
GMCTurbo Posted - October 16 2007 : 2:36:46 PM
So I figured I'd pull the code now while it's still light out. It's throwing a code 62...

<i>
Code 41 through 66 4WAL control unit or motor circuit Check for a loose ground connection at the motor circuit. Clear the code and drive the vehicle. If any of these codes return, the EHCU valve may be faulty.
</i>

I don't seem to have any loose grounds and I pulled and reconnected all wiring to the ABS units so I'll see if I can reproduce on my way home.

NWSTP Forum © 1998-2011 NWSTP Go To Top Of Page
This page spooled up in 0.22 seconds Syclone and Typhoon By GMC Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.03

This Ring Site is owned by Sportmachines. Want to join the Ring?
[
Skip Prev] [Prev] [Next] [Skip Next] [Random] [Next 5] [List Sites
]