NWSTP Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   NWSTP Admins   Guestbook   FAQ   RSS   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members |   | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 1 ]  [ Total: 1 ]  [ Newest Member: Musicpub ]
 All Forums
 NWSTP
 General Discussion
 NWSTP shout out!
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: BBQ at Jeffs Topic Next Topic: Man its Bi!%* to log on...  

ZazTy547

Posted - April 27 2004 :  01:55:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to update NWSTP on the status of my TY. I finally got my tranny rebuilt (it's been nearly two years since it's been on the road) and added a 2800 stall in the process..
Replaced my ECM (false code 43). Fixed it. Couldn't pass emissions so I got a new 3" cat and added a custom side exhaust (little low but trick). Emissions Passed ssh. Upgraded to the V9 chip (gauge style with knock sensor by STG.
Did some minor adjustments tweaking and she seems to purr nicely now.

So I decided to do a little test and tune at the AM street races in Tukwila to see if my money was spent wisely and I must say this truck is a different animal now.
In other words, when I mash the gas this pretty black angel turns into a hardcore nasty *!@# real quick. This stall converter is nice!
I don't have to worry about brake boosting anymore, I just hit the gas and the tires break loose (no over boost if you can believe that).

So to make a long story short,
"I'm back B!@#!"
Or in other words I'm officially ready for a GTG
Zav
Zav
Ty547

Edited by - ZazTy547 on April 27 2004 01:57:40 AM

JRS-1
Starting Member

Posted - April 27 2004 :  10:00:53 AM  Show Profile  Click to see JRS-1's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It's good to hear somebody's trucks working! Are you up in Seattle?

Lots of cool stuff...but none of it works at the same time

Paul
Site Admin

Posted - April 27 2004 :  4:02:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Paul's Homepage  Send Paul an AOL message  Send Paul an ICQ Message  Click to see Paul's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks Zav

That is sweet you Ty is back on the road. My Ty is the same spot yours was as far as passing emmission. I just got my 3inch cat and waiting for my exhaust to show up. (Mine was rusted enough that they said they might fail it for leaks.)

Once I get back from my honeymoon my goal is to get a get together set up for sometime in June maybe. Also my I need to get the ty licensed again so I can drive it. Then I am off to put the eDist on it if I can get the Crank Trigger in. I have the rest. From there I am slowly getting the bugs out of the wiring mess that this kid did to the system with the shitty car alarm he put in. It is a slow process but once these things are running... they sure a fun as hell to drive. I am missing mine more and more everyday.

So how you like the V9 Ultimate? Is it worth upgrading to? (I have the V6 Ultimate)

Post some pictures of your Ty sometime in the Sy/Ty Gallery on the front page. I think I need to rename it so everyone knows they can put pictures on it.

Paul Schwab
93 Black/Black Typhoon #424
NWSTP Site Admin
Kirkland, WA

ZazTy547

Posted - May 07 2004 :  10:58:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
JRS-1>
I'm in renton bro.

Paul>
I'm in the process of buying a digital camera so I'll be posting soon.

If you didn't order your exhaust yet, Scott in Michigan has started a group purchase on the atr exhaust, I think it's like $350.00 +shipping.
I wanted another option, so I went to Stanz exhaust in Kent and got a SS 3 inch cat Y'ed into two mendrel bent 2.5's, angled out to the passenger side, before the rear tires (with no muffler). Yeah it's a little loud but it's not that bad. Little over kill for my stocker but it sounds like I mean business...

I would recommend the V9 upgrade. I used to have the V7 and Todd hooked me up with a trade in of the difference. The quality in the V9 is far better than the old style. The wires are heavier gauge and professionally sheilded. The security feature is a little tricky. I did like the old security feature better but overall its worth the upgrade with the knock light.

My next project is to rebuild my wornout suspension and get new shocks/rear swaybar....

Keep us updated on your Ty and tentitive GTG.
Z

Zav
Ty547

Previous Topic: BBQ at Jeffs Topic Next Topic: Man its Bi!%* to log on...  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
NWSTP Forum © 1998-2011 NWSTP Go To Top Of Page
This page spooled up in 0.33 seconds Syclone and Typhoon By GMC Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.03

This Ring Site is owned by Sportmachines. Want to join the Ring?
[
Skip Prev] [Prev] [Next] [Skip Next] [Random] [Next 5] [List Sites
]