NWSTP Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   NWSTP Admins   Guestbook   FAQ   RSS   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members |   | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 1 ]  [ Total: 1 ]  [ Newest Member: Musicpub ]
 All Forums
 NWSTP
 General Discussion
 TTV results
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: PICNIC  whos gonna be there???????? plz sign up Topic Next Topic: Larry G dyno results  

Roland

Posted - August 01 2004 :  07:07:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Weather was hot...... my red legs and face can prove it!

Wanda's new GN is super nice.... she was using a car mop on it about every 10 minutes to keep it immaculate.

Big Dave had his Sy there from Boise.... Jim Stokes bowtie with an 80mm turbo. He had low end lag problems but from about 100 foot on, the truck hauls cheeks! 11:30's at 128 mph. With a good launch, truck will easily run 10s.

Dennis had a couple scary rides in his stage 2 race car. Car was making soooo much horsepower and couldn't get traction. Unfortunately, he did some serious damage to the motor, as in it won't even turn over.....

Geno was running mid 10's on his pump gas/alky GN...... and blew a head gasket. Hopefully that is all of the damage done.

Lot's of Buicks there..... I heard that one 9 second ride lost a motor friday nite, and left some parts on the track. (ouch)

I did not see Kelly or Darin...... durnit! Long day trip, and too much sun. I'll be staying in the shade for the next few days...
Roland
Issaquah WA
http://www.netsnapshot.com/pcw/b?KEY=9&ACCOUNT=2412

Paul
Site Admin

Posted - August 02 2004 :  07:18:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Paul's Homepage  Send Paul an AOL message  Send Paul an ICQ Message  Click to see Paul's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sorry I couldn't make it. Sounds like it was a lot of fun. Would have loved to see the Stokes bowtie and Wanda's GN. Sounds like a nice ride.

Too bad Dennis hurt the Buick. I hope it isn't damaged too bad.

Paul Schwab
93 Black/Black Typhoon #424
NWSTP Site Admin
Kirkland, WA

Kelly
Starting Member

Posted - August 02 2004 :  5:52:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Roland,,, sorry I didnt make it to the track. I had stuff come up at the last minute so I couldnt make it. Dang !! first time I have ever missed TT ...

J. Kelly Vaught
Vancouver, WA
'91 GMC Syclone 12.7 @104
1987 Turbo T limited 11.89@112

Syclonegrl
Starting Member

Posted - August 02 2004 :  8:57:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Roland, you disappeared before I could say goodbye. Thanks for coming out, it was great to see you there and it wasn't every 10 minutes, it was like every half hour LOL.
It was sad to hear about Gene and Dennis' cars, they were cool to watch. They will be up and running in no time, I bet. I wish I had been there on Friday during the day to see what Dennis' car did. I heard it was pretty scary. I got to race his daughter second round and red lit(doh!).
Pat did okay in the GN, he went three rounds, it slowed down from the heat about as much as the Sy did. We were running pump gas, we had no time to buy the good stuff. We actually got to race each other during time onlys. I hope someone got a picture of that :) It was a close, quiet race LOL

Wanda
'91 GMC Syclone
'86 Buick Grand National
'07 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Big Dave
Starting Member

Posted - August 02 2004 :  10:34:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Big Dave's Homepage  Send Big Dave an AOL message  Send Big Dave a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hello all,

It was nice meeting you Roland, Wanda, and Pat. I had a fun time over there. I will be there next year, work permitting of course.

The Friday video of Dennis's scary run will be put on the TTV video so you can see it Wanda. I didn't know you and Pat needed race gas, as I had plenty of C16 with me.

Don't forget West Coast Nationals are two months away in Las Vegas. If you haven't been to this track you should go. It is really nice.

Take Care,

Big Dave
Idaho Sy/Ty
Syclone --} Money Pit
93 Typhoon --} Daily Driver someday...

Syclonegrl
Starting Member

Posted - August 05 2004 :  3:54:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was nice meeting you too Dave! We had a great time. Hey as for more racing, theres the B.O.P. in Kent at Pacific Raceways, and the B.O.P at Bremerton, ya gotta make those... We are just starting out with the GN, so we really werent too concerned with the pump gas, and we were in kind of a hurry to get down there, we left at the last minute. I appreciate the offer, though. We didnt really have the chance to make any adjustments. Normally my truck runs 13.60s but the boost was turned down the last time we raced at Pacific, because it was laying down every time I got about 3/4 track. I had to back off nearly every time I ran, no fun there.. I have a new fuel pump now and some other normal stuff, nothing cool, but it will go faster next time. I need a reason to wear that damn helmet. I hate wearing it when its hot, and when I really might not need to. LOL

Wanda
'91 GMC Syclone
'86 Buick Grand National
'07 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Previous Topic: PICNIC  whos gonna be there???????? plz sign up Topic Next Topic: Larry G dyno results  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
NWSTP Forum © 1998-2011 NWSTP Go To Top Of Page
This page spooled up in 1.34 seconds Syclone and Typhoon By GMC Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.03

This Ring Site is owned by Sportmachines. Want to join the Ring?
[
Skip Prev] [Prev] [Next] [Skip Next] [Random] [Next 5] [List Sites
]