NWSTP Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   NWSTP Admins   Guestbook   FAQ   RSS   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members |   | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 2 ]  [ Total: 2 ]  [ Newest Member: Musicpub ]
 All Forums
 NWSTP
 General Discussion
 New Ty Owner in Seattle..
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: coolant  lines and dp Topic Next Topic: Bremerton BOP  

Tavis
Starting Member

Posted - November 19 2004 :  04:52:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tavis's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just bought a 92 Typhoon #0115, Live in Magnolia just NW of Downtown Seattle. Looking forward to meeting some other owners in the area...

Paul
Site Admin

Posted - November 19 2004 :  10:09:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Paul's Homepage  Send Paul an AOL message  Send Paul an ICQ Message  Click to see Paul's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Nice to meet you Travis.

Have you owned one of these before?

Paul Schwab
93 Black/Black Typhoon #424
NWSTP Site Admin
Kirkland, WA

Tavis
Starting Member

Posted - November 19 2004 :  6:41:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tavis's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nope, First one, found a one owner Ty thought I could not pass it up, The guy spoiled the vehicle only used Amsoil and so on same dealer worked on it the whole time has every receipt since purchased, my mechanic who is a mech at Goodman Racing went over it and Compression it and gave it two thumbs up..

Paul
Site Admin

Posted - November 20 2004 :  6:25:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Paul's Homepage  Send Paul an AOL message  Send Paul an ICQ Message  Click to see Paul's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ok the most important thing to know about these things is they need to be tuned up alot. Detonation will kill these vehicles quick. Just becuase you can't hear it doesn't mean it isn't happening. So make sure you get a ODBI cable and scan tool so you can make a run and see how many degrees of knock retard you are getting. 0 is ideal but anything below 3 degrees is safe. Above that you are starting to get into the danger area.

Datamaster works for this. There are others out there. You can download a trial version at http://www.ttspowersystems.com There is also a link to a cable to use with a laptop there.

One to remember these are high performance vehicles and can get expensive to keep up.

If you have any questions, let us know.

www.syty.net is a good site that has lots of information on it. I would peruse and read losts of posts before you post a question. Otherwise some of the jokers will hammer you if you ask something simple like what type of spark plugs they use or I hear this rattling sound when I get on the gas (detonation).

Paul Schwab
93 Black/Black Typhoon #424
NWSTP Site Admin
Kirkland, WA

Syclone1255

Posted - November 21 2004 :  8:22:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Travis, you are welcome to stop by this thanksgiving weekend and watch me bitch and complain about my current project and you can meet zav another ty owner if you are interested and he ends up coming. Let me know:

email: forced-fed@cyber-rights.net

Ty0279

Posted - November 23 2004 :  12:23:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awesome. Good to hear there's another SyTy'er in Seattle.

Kurt
'92 Ty #279
Kirkland, WA

Previous Topic: coolant  lines and dp Topic Next Topic: Bremerton BOP  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
NWSTP Forum © 1998-2011 NWSTP Go To Top Of Page
This page spooled up in 0.28 seconds Syclone and Typhoon By GMC Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.03

This Ring Site is owned by Sportmachines. Want to join the Ring?
[
Skip Prev] [Prev] [Next] [Skip Next] [Random] [Next 5] [List Sites
]